AGROKÜHL pilot project
Research project in cooperation with the Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy Systems ISE in Freiburg/Breisgau. The pilot system was sponsored by the German Federal Ministry for Education and Research under the funding code 01LY1016A.
The pilot project demonstrated that it is possible to cool a commercial cold store with solar energy, even in Germany.
- 88 m2 Mirror surface installed
- 18 m Absorber length (depends on the building)
- 180 °C Outlet temperature (limited by the system)
- 48,4 kW Nominal collector power
- 12 kW Nominal refrigeration power
- 600 l Ice storage unit
- 100 m3 Volume of cold store
- 9,0 Total COP (coefficient of performance)
Comprehensive measurement data obtained over the test period of almost two years has enabled simulation calculations for the construction of cold stores in North Africa and India, offering approx. 500 t of storage capacity for different agricultural products.The pilot system is fully functional and can be viewed at KRAMER GmbH in Umkirch.